Thursday, March 21, 2013

Each day is a day to be thankful for

Hello all,

Each day is a day to be thankful for !!
This is Jen's dad providing an update. Thank you for the notes and gifts and offers of helps and visits that many have made, and most of all, your prayers on our behalf.

I am happy to report that Jen's treatment is progressing as expected, although this experience is not a pleasant one for her or for any of us. Her blood counts (rbc, wbc and their component parts) are all trending downwards, as the effects of the chemo kicks in this week, and they expect it to go to "zero" in the next 2 days or so. She has not eaten almost anything since Monday, and has been on "TPN", or food by IV. She is very nauseated and has pain in her belly, and is on several meds to help with that.  Most food comes out pretty quickly. "Better out than in, I always say" - as she puts it:-)

Praises
- She still has a few hours of engaging activities (crafts etc.) per day before tiring out
- Still has a sweet smile and spirit, inspite of her physical condition

Please pray for:
- her nausea and vomiting and painful cramps to stop soon
- protection from infections (which are bound to taken place inside her body already)
- the stem cells to engraft soon and the uptick in her counts to come back up soon

This verse has been very meaningful for me many times in the past, and is again a help to me:
Ps 34: 4  I sought the Lord and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Vijay for all the Anands

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, Jen! You are so special to me and to the Lord! Love you.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete