Tuesday, March 12, 2013

T-6

Today is day T-6; only six days until I receive my stem cells back on day T_0!

I was admitted  to Rainbow Babies and Children, in Cleveland, last night.   My sister Rachel and my dad came with me and stayed the night, but my mom is here with me now. Dad and Rachel helped me settle in, and Rachel decorated the room!  I was able to get my chemistry done this morning, and then Rachel and I made 3D shamrocks to decorate the rooms with!

Today, I started my BEAM chemotherapy regiment, which will last until next Tuesday.  I received a one time dose of Carmustine. Tomorrow I will start the next set of drugs, Etoposide and  Cytarabine which I will receive every 8 hours for the next 4 days.  I have been OK today, with just a midday episode of extreme fatigue and headaches.  Also, my sugars have been really high, so they are monitoring them until tomorrow morning, when they will decide what insulin regiment to follow.  The doctors have added a few more antibiotics to my med list (they even woke me up at 2 a.m. to eat them!), but so far, so good!  

I"ll try to update this blog regularly.  Thank you for your prayers, notes and visits!


2 comments:

  1. What a beutiful idea to share your journey with all of us who love you dearly and are praying hard for you. Psalm 27:14-"I will hope in You and be of good courage, and You will strengthen my heart; Yes I will hope in You, O Lord." Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is your strength and your song...He is your salvation. This is so precious for it reaches far beyond the rescue from damnation and grasps my struggling self from whatever satan, life on this earth, my flesh will throw at me. I am His and He is mine.

    ReplyDelete