Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy Holidays!

Another eventful year has ended! Looking back, there has been so much that has gone on, from finding out about my relapse last Christmas  Eve, to facing the a New Year 2013 full of so much medical uncertainties and a BMT, to starting this blog...but God has been, as always, so faithful and gracious to me and my family.  I'm blessed to have come out 6-months post BMT and doing well!! I still have a cough, and a lot of little things (like fatigue, chemobrain, finger numbness) to deal with daily, but in the big picture I'm so grateful to be alive.
I'm also so grateful for everyone who reads my blog and comments and prays! It is such a blessing to have so many people faithfully supporting me! Thank you!  
I've met so many incredible and supportive people, and made many new friends.  I'm thrilled to officially have finished my freshman year of college!
Looking forward, I don't quite know what to expect, but I'm glad God knows! It seems weird, because I've almost forgotten what it is to not start a new year with any big medical issues, like the last few years. 
We  had a blessed Christmas with our grandparents the Abbots visiting us.  This holiday season has been wonderful, as I've gotten to spend time with college friends, have dinner with our dear neighbors, visit a museum with our friends the Smiths, and generally relax and enjoy my family!
I hope each and everyone of you has a happy, blessed and prosperous new year 2014!

This is a verse that my family has claimed as God's promise to me, through both these cancers. 
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Making Christmas cookies...at 11pm :)

Visiting a Lego exhibit with our dear friends the Smiths~ Tim & Jenny, Jake and Sam
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy new year! :) it's good to see you having a good spirit and hope :) wish you will have a wonderful year in 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope all my readers have a blessed and prosperous new year 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're welcome :) Thanks to you too!

    ReplyDelete