Wednesday, June 26, 2013

T + 100 Days!

So today is my T +100 day milestone!! 100 days from the day I got my cells back! This is kinda the first and last of the BMT milestones.  It's amazing to think that I'm there.  It seems just  a few weeks ago that I was so sick and in the hospital.  But it has been a while since I've been out, 69 days to be exact.

I'm so grateful to be with my family and having a wonderful summer. I've thoroughly enjoyed our family vacation, going to a friend's wedding, making many new friends, and so much more!

So here's what is going on medically at 100 days.  I had several scans that needed to be done, and I'm in the process of getting to those:

  • Echocardiogram -ECG: tests the heart function, especially since some of my chemo meds are known to greatly affect heart function. Thankfully I haven't yet seen any heart damage!
  • Pulmonary Function Test -PFT: tests lung function.  My earlier PFT showed slight damage that the doctors attributed to radiation.  But my last PFT showed more damage, so I will be seeing the pulmonologist soon.  
  • Infectious Disease -ID: I'm seeing them today to determine the plan of action! 
  • CT and PET- I will have these scans on July 5th; please pray for good results.  
  • Restrictions: I'll be able to eat fresh stuff again! I can go out a bit more, but with my lungs I still have to be careful of catching colds.  

Ruth, Rachel and I dressed up for the wedding!

Sharing bubble tea with new friends Kenzie and Rachel!
I'm really blessed to have made a  lot of new friends this summer!!

McDonald's with Ruth, Stacey, Rachel, Audrey and Abbey!
In hindsight, if only I had switched spots with Abbey we would have looked like a triple stack oreo! 

Rachel and I with Dr. Doug Osheroff, who we met on vacation.  
Daniel and I on vacation
With my wonderful parents
I"m so grateful that God has given me more time on this earth.  I want to make sure I use this second extension on life to honor and serve Him.
This song beautifully captures what I want God to always be to me...
You Are My All in All
You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
I'm seeking You like a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all

Taking my cross my sin my shame
Rising again I praise Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I run dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I run dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all

Jesus, Lamb of God
Holy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Holy is Your name

No comments:

Post a Comment