Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hello All!

I haven't blogged in a while because life has been rather busy, but I wanted to give everyone a quick update on what's been happening! I am back in school and greatly enjoying it.  I do get pretty tired, and the work is intense, but I wouldn't be anywhere else.  My professors are wonderful, and very gracious when it comes to accommodating my oncology (and pulmonology, and endocrinology, and all the others...) appointments.
I was also able to join the UA Symphony Orchestra, as a violinist, and I'm really enjoying it! Music played such a therapeutic role in both my cancers, and I'm so blessed to be able to be involved again. I'm also excited to be playing with my first orchestra ever!
I've also enjoyed being with all my wonderful friends again, and enjoying all the new friends I've made.  From going to events and getting free stuff, to helping each other with physics homework, to playing in the orchestra, to trying to figure out calculus problems at 10:30 p.m., to planning service events, to encouraging and teasing each other...I'm so glad to be back with all of them!
So far (medically) my counts seem to be doing alright.  However, since I'm just finishing up the final medications from my pneumonitis situation, my October counts will be the accurate set we can go by.  I just had a CT of my lungs today, and next week I'll be getting a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) and seeing my pulmonologist again.

Thank you for your continued prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment